The coronavirus (Covid-19) is having an impact on TransCare just like it is with every business and service provider across the Upper Hunter. As such, we are making some adjustments to our service delivery in the coming weeks and I have listed those changes below.
We understand that many of our Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) clients, Home Care Package (HCP) consumers, our National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants, their families and carers, along with members of the general public will have justifiable concerns over the near term due to the current environment. With that in mind, we will continue to actively monitor the situation and act with respect to implement the best ways to protect our staff, volunteers, and importantly the people that rely on our services.
Our services will be scaled back in order to ensure we can meet the changing needs of our customers with some activities cancelled, postponed and/or reduced. Our office will be closed to the public from Monday 23 March 2020 for an initial period of 14 days, at which point the situation will be reviewed. Our office will be staffed during this time so if you have any concerns you should call the office or visit our website for updates.
On behalf of the TransCare Board of Directors, all staff and volunteers, we hope you stay safe during this difficult time. If you feel vulnerable or need to discuss any issues with regard to our services please reach out to us.
- TransCare office closed to public from Monday 23 March 2020.
- All gatherings such as Meals to Centre, Social Trips and the Wellness and Reablement workshops have been postponed for now.
- The frequency of our bus services will be scaled back with localised services a possible option.
- All car transport services need to be for essential trips only.
- Our in-home services will continue as normal for the time being.
Our Community Partners
TransCare are very grateful to our generous community who make it possible for us to offer our services to the Upper Hunter.