The Assistive Technology workshop will cover a range of topics and allow participants the opportunity to ask any questions they may have.
After first discussing what assistive technology is and who can benefit from it the session will move into what types of assistive technology there are, including;
- Technology for sending emails, photos, videos and livestream (ie Smart phones and Ipads)
- Applications for connecting with friend (ie words with friends etc)
- Personal Response Systems (Differing types)
- Smoke detectors for hearing impaired/blind (ie Light flasher device & pillow shakers)
- Home automation systems (Lighting, doors, door locks, air-conditioning etc)
Making things easier:
- Online shopping
- Audio library/digital library
- Kindle reader
- Tile Trackers (Finding your items: keys, wallet, bags or any item)
- Voice activated smart home devices for daily tasks (Examples: Google home, Alexis home: for electronic shopping lists, reminders, music, recipes)
- Access to television programs (SBS on demand/ABC I view)
This is a free workshop for TransCare CHSP clients. Each session will run for approximately 1.5 hours and includes a light lunch.
Bookings are essential and should be made by calling Patricia on 6545 3113 and selecting 5 at the switch, or email on email@example.com