This charter sets out your rights and how you will be treated when you take part in any TransCare Hunter Limited (TransCare) program activities or when you receive one of our services. It also sets out your responsibilities and what you can do to help us provide the best quality programs and services.
A client service charter is about everyone being clear about how people should treat one another and how we can work with you to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
What you can expect from TransCare
TransCare is committed to providing the best possible programs and services, this includes respecting your right to:
- have support so you can make decisions that are right for you, use suitable programs and services and have an interpreter if you need one;
- be safe and free from harm when taking part in TransCare activities;
- receive a quality, reliable service provided by suitably trained people;
- refuse to be involved in a program or service or say no at any time;
- be kept informed on matters about you including your service rights;
- treat your personal information as confidential and respect your privacy according to Australian law. If there are reasons why we might have to tell someone something about you, we will talk with you about this first.
- ask questions, provide comments or make a complaint.
How you can help us provide the best programs and services
You can help us provide the best service for you by:
- telling us about what you need or ways we can work together to achieve your goals;
- always acting respectfully and safely towards other people using the service and towards staff and volunteers;
- giving us the right information about yourself and your situation;
- telling us if things change or if you cannot keep an appointment or commitment; and
- telling us what you think about our services and getting involved.
Your comments, ideas and opinions will help us improve our programs and services.